An Incredible Year: Plenty to be Thankful for in 2011
December 23rd, 2011
As a guy who has dedicated himself to the importance of appreciation and recognition in the workplace, I am so incredibly grateful for so many fantastic things which have happened in my own life, and owe a great deal of gratitude to a great many people for making this past year such a tremendous success!
Among the many fantastic things which I am thankful for are:
- My marriage earlier this year to my incredible, gorgeous wife
- Our first child, who is expected any day now
- Being in a position to move on after 6 years as Director of Adult Programs at the 92nd Street Y and 5 years as quizmaster at The Gael Pub, in order to devote myself to TrivWorks full-time
- Announcing an alliance with “Special Host” Pat Kiernan, longtime NY1 morning news anchor and veteran game show host for corporate team building activities in NYC & beyond, as well as select public events
- An amazing event partnership with The Economist magazine, producing a series of unique brand engagement events for both loyal & new readers in Manhattan, Brooklyn & Washington, DC
- Raising over $5K for VH1 Save The Music Foundation through a special trivia fund raiser event with Pat Kiernan at The Bell House in Brooklyn
- Incredible coverage in Time Out New York, The Village Voice, Cvent, Digital Journal, Human Capital, The Houston Chronicle and other media outlets
- Launching our new Website and blog, providing the opportunity to interview Chris Brogan, Keith Ferrazzi, Ann Handley, David Meerman Scott and others
- Reaching over 1,500 followers on our Twitter feed
On behalf of the entire TrivWorks team, I want to thank you for reading this blog, and for interacting with us both online and at our live events. May your holiday season be warm and joyful, and your New Year full of good fortune!
I will most likely be taking next week off, in order to enjoy as much time as possible at home with my wife before she gives birth. Assuming no baby, I expect to be back on Monday, January 2nd. Enjoy your holiday & new year!